BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi K Bikers, had the 2004 K1200gy 2 weeks now... today when I got back from a short ride it leaked a lot of gas on the floor under the fairing belly pan... after I shut it down, made puddle about a square foot on the garage floor.

I guess I will have to have it towed to the BMW dealer as it not lily safe to drive.... any thoughts to what happened?

best, Chuck

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi K Bikers, had the 2004 K1200gy 2 weeks now... today when I got back from a short ride it leaked a lot of gas on the floor under the fairing belly pan... after I shut it down, made puddle about a square foot on the garage floor.

I guess I will have to have it towed to the BMW dealer as it not lily safe to drive.... any thoughts to what happened?

best, Chuck
Someone 'horsed' the tank around and F-ed the fitting. I seems to take a little abuse and I'd like to have a little more fuel hose to wrangle with but I'm not tearing the airbox out to get at it. (the other end of the feed hose.)

*** number 14 1nd 16 on this page is the bits I've replaced on my '09 K1300

https://store.bobsbmw.com/microfiche/BrowseParts.aspx?GroupName=Fuel/Air+Systems+(13)&MBike=51590&GroupID=13

1 - 3 of 3 Posts