BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
K1200s Bar Riser Advice?

Just got my 2005 k1200s and have put a few miles on it. My wrists and hands have been bothering me, so I've concluded I'm going to need some bar risers. I had a 2006 VFR and it came with risers so I never tried it without but I can say that I didn't have the same issues I'm having with the k1200.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking back....the BMW is by far the best bike out there! I love it! I just need a slight adjustment.

So, im asking for some input on 2 things:

Who sells the best bar risers (or should I go through my dealer - Carolina BMW in Greensboro, NC)?

And since I'm not the most mechanically inclined I am planning on having my dealer install whatever I buy, what do you folks think I'm looking at from a labor cost standpoint?

Any input will be highly appreciated!

·
Registered
289 Posts
wbrooks said:
Just got my 2005 k1200s and have put a few miles on it. My wrists and hands have been bothering me, so I've concluded I'm going to need some bar risers.
I put the Wunderlich conversion on my '06 K1220r about a month after I bought the bike. I been riding this bike for over 4 years with this conversion. Works great for me (link below)

http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/motorcycle/K1200S/8601350.html

I had the dealer do the installation. I think it was 2 hours labor. This is not a cheap solution, but works great and looks good.

Here's the link to my bike in the member bike pic section. You can see the bars.

http://www.k-bikes.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=959&c=30

·
Registered
283 Posts
Pirate's Lair has risers that look to be very easy to install yourself. Others have done it, not me, so I don't know how hard it is to get all the stuff off the stock setup and onto the new.
http://www.piratesk12site.net/intro.htm

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought my K1200S with a straight bar and riser conversion. That may be an option for you.

If you are looking for 2 inch Verholen risers, send me a message. I think a local friend still has his and may want to sell them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have these bar risers. Very adjustable, forwards and back, up and down.
(not my picture)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have these bar risers. Very adjustable, forwards and back, up and down.
(not my picture)

View attachment 28108
Any other pictures of that I think I seen those bar risers before I also remember there being a complaint that the cables were in front of the speedo after they were installed I think with those risers the brake and clutch cables have to be replaced with longer ones if I’m not mistaken possibly the throttle as well

·
Registered
92 Posts
Here you go. They were on the bike when I purchased it. The steel brake lines could be longer than stock. The wires to the switches depend on the angle of the adjustment. There is a lot of adjustment. They can be adjusted were they slide in the original mounts on the triple clamp and were you slide your bars in the risers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Those are pretty trippy I have seen them before thank you for the photos that is definitely another option

1 - 10 of 10 Posts