BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to book a room but where is everyone staying for the rally?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Camping

MassGT said:
I want to book a room but where is everyone staying for the rally?
If you want the total immersion experience...camp out on the grounds. Your entrance ticket pays for it and you can walk or crawl from the beer tent to your bed.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'd rather have a real bed. But, wife wants to camp. It will be the tent with all the moaning coming from it! ;)

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
We'll be staying on the grounds and running the Hospitality Booth. Stop by and see us!

Some here have reserved Camp Meade. Cheapest (and closest) will be at St Mike's College, but rooms going fast.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Rent a tent

Last year in Lima the wife and I used Mayberry's Sherpa Service.We arrived with our tent already set up,an air mattress,two sleeping bags,two pillows,and two chairs.Sherpa supplies towels,coffee,and cold water.They also had community collers to cool off your favorite beverage.There was even a mint on each of our pillows.We will be using them again.We are taking two weeks,staying in motels their and back but like staying on site for the rally and beer.This way we won't have to haul all the camping gear with us.They do other rallys also like the Georgia Mountain and the RA.www.sherpamayberry.com

·
Registered
24 Posts
Vermont

Wife and I will be camping all the way, I think I meet more people that way, and it is an easier and safer trip back to the tent from the beer garden. :ricky

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'll be sleeping..

in my bed, approx. 2.5 miles from the fairgrounds. And wouldn't you know it, I'm the only poor bastard in the Anonymous Book in Essex Jct, VT. Therefore, I get calls from all over with Beemer drivers wanting to know the cheapest place to stay. Jeebus...

When I open a travel service, I'll let you know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts