BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my first post here. I need help! I have a 2006 K1200GT with 19,000 miles. I have recently replaced all four coils, new spark plugs and removed the charcoal canister in an attempt to resolve what was multiple engine issues. It runs fine for about 60 miles or so after the battery had been disconnected for a time. The engine then begins to sputter and miss, sometimes intermittently and other times sustained. It used to do this after a fill up and then would stop so I removed the overflow canister thinking it was the culprit. No dice and the GS911 doesn’t show any fault codes. I have checked all the hoses and no kinks or holes that I could locate. I am out of ideas and would like some help, suggestions, etc. if possible, Thanks

·
Registered
2009 K1300S, 2017 S1000R & 2021 Vespa Primavera clown paint job
793 Posts
There have been other posts with pretty much the same issue. This bike has a few on the road that are nasty. I have a friend who took his to a dealer multiple times and no success. His wifes ran perfectly. He got so up set he sold them and bought FJR's. So, you see I really don't know what to tell you except for the fact you are not alone. I was once at a rally and BMW had a rep there to talk. It got on this subject and it got nasty. Start thinking air box idle valve, maybe. Find a K13S, don't look back.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, my first post here. I need help! I have a 2006 K1200GT with 19,000 miles. I have recently replaced all four coils, new spark plugs and removed the charcoal canister in an attempt to resolve what was multiple engine issues. It runs fine for about 60 miles or so after the battery had been disconnected for a time. The engine then begins to sputter and miss, sometimes intermittently and other times sustained. It used to do this after a fill up and then would stop so I removed the overflow canister thinking it was the culprit. No dice and the GS911 doesn’t show any fault codes. I have checked all the hoses and no kinks or holes that I could locate. I am out of ideas and would like some help, suggestions, etc. if possible, Thanks
Is it sputtering like it's running out of gas? Or is the sputtering more like surging?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts