BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Kjell,

Could that possibly be because what Europe calls the 2006 model is the 2007 model in the US?

I haven't seen a production schedule since July, but I had thought that the 2006 model year production for the K1200S would be from September 2005 through February 2006.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
eljeffe said:
Kjell,

Could that possibly be because what Europe calls the 2006 model is the 2007 model in the US?

I haven't seen a production schedule since July, but I had thought that the 2006 model year production for the K1200S would be from September 2005 through February 2006.
The Production schedule of the 2006 model always starts premio August, or third quarter of the year..and July is an off-month, and ends June the year after, thats what I have heard..and this should go for the Berlin Plant.
I cant say for sure how the model are referred to, but in Europe the 2006 models comes in puchase late fall, the year before model-year.

As for this rumor of a Black Metallic, it could be that they just started the black version, and this have been 'overlooked' by out-siders, as the 2006 model have been produced for three months.. my guess...;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well, I heard...

At the Reno Air Races last September BMW had a large promotional dispaly. The BMW regional representative was there and he was under the belief that the solid blue would be discountinued and replaced with another solid color. Apparently the solid blue has not sold well.

Dave

·
We're zoned for what ? cool !
186 Posts
They said, "Give it to MOTOR, he'll buy anything."

That's our boy there with the solid blue KS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is how you can tell its a 2006 model

Look at they indicators they are grey and there is no hazerd button
from 2006 there is also a board computer available for €120,-
The colors are still the same

Greetings from Jeroen Holland :bmw:

·
Registered
434 Posts
BMW is supposed to raise prices for the S in 2006 and I think they will offer the black colour (has been confirmed by another source) at the same time.

Manfred

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ManfredH said:
BMW is supposed to raise prices for the S in 2006 and I think they will offer the black colour (has been confirmed by another source) at the same time.

Manfred
Got a clue of how much of a raise??? ..and any 'news' on the GT??

·
Registered
504 Posts
bjoraker said:
I would preorder this black bike in an instant if my dealer said they were coming.
I'd be looking at trading the GT if they came out with a Black 'S'.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts