BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2014 K1300S, 2007 K1200GT
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I fount the problem with the front heated seat. Broken wires....
Wood Cable Electrical wiring Electricity Gas

Now that it has been fixed and working, my new seat covers arrived...
Brown Glasses Hat Bag Grey

After some grunting and cursing I got them secured on....
Bicycle saddle Wood Sleeve Comfort Fender

I did also apply scotch Guard underneath to help waterproof the foam.

Next is the replacement of the clutch hose which also arrived yesterday.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Let’s update my cost invested in this bike so far.

Right Controls (used) $92.42
Left Controls (used) $178.95
Clutch $169.43
Tanks Gaskets $21.77
Clutch Cover Bolts $28.49
Fuel Sensor $130.20
ABS Rebuild $280.52
Steering Dampener $48.13
Screw, Wheel Carrier $2.32
Clutch Hose $45.33
Grommets $7.66
Valve Cover Gaskets $114.75
Final Drive Gasket $1.88
Screw, Spoiler $2.38
Filler Tube $88.34
Tail Switch $27.00
Rear Brake Pin Kit $25.53
Front Brake Pin Kit $23.54
Fuel Pump QD Fittings $47.87
Front ESA Strut (used) $69.53
Heated Seat Wire $36.07
Luggage Clamps $10.00
Seat Covers $168.64
Badge, Fairing $28.13
Rear Boot $98.29

Total $1,747.17

Plus Bike (out the Door tax+Title) $1,733

Total: $3,480.17

It should be noted that I made a mistake and if I didn’t the actual cost would be $69.53 less. I thought the front ESA strut was shot because of sitting out in the rain, but when I replaced it, I noticed two of the wires were broken….damnit! It was a simple fix. I disassembled the strut and the stepper motor was perfect.

Currently, the only fault I am getting is the brake pad sensor. The pads are good so I am not worrying about that. I think the pad was installed incorrectly and screwed it up. Easy fix.

I received my DMV title, but they got my name wrong so now I have to wait longer before I can title it. So frustrating.

I really want to bring this bike out and see how it rides after all the reviving I did. Maybe I will use this time to repair and repaint the fairing. I think I am going to go Brilliant White.

·
Registered
2007 K12R
166 Posts
Very well done! You certainly have achieved an amazing value and you now have intimate knowledge of every detail of the machine. Hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor for years to come!

·
IBR# 366
3,215 Posts
The brake pad sensors never did work right on these bikes, to be honest.

Most of us just disabled them by tying the wires together and just doing visual inspections during tire changes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I do have cruise control yes. Sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread! Unlikely this connector is the cause of my bike not starting, but when it started fine before winter and now doesn't, you start thinking about every single possibility it drives you a bit mad!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Primalcarl,

Possibilities of a "no start" from what you described:

1. No fuel, with a faulty fuel strip showing fuel in tank. (Visually inspect for fuel in tank).

2. Bad fuel pump Possibility #1: (Listen when you turn on key for pump to run and prime itself then it will stop. If you do this more than three times you may not hear it since it will be primed). If no sound check connections to pump.

3. Bad Fuel Pump Possibility #2: (If the bike starts then run but immediately stops, the pump isn't pumping to pressure and will need to be replaced).

4. Other possibilities: If starts but dies, clogged vent hose or charcoal canister. Usually, will run then sputter or stall under hard acceleration. (I bought this could be it, but wanted to include it.

5. Bad battery: Might sound strong enough but really isn't. Voltage isn't the issue, it would be the Amps.

I am curious what you find out. I was lucky with this bike not having starting issues.

·
Registered
BMW K1300S, 2009
15 Posts
У меня есть круиз-контроль, да. Извините, не хотел захватывать вашу тему! Маловероятно, что этот разъем является причиной того, что мой мотоцикл не заводится, но когда до зимы он заводился нормально, а сейчас нет, начинаешь думать о каждой возможности, это немного сводит тебя с ума!
кнопка старт-стоп на пульте. болезнь КС

·
Registered
BMW K1300S, 2009
15 Posts
У меня есть круиз-контроль, да. Извините, не хотел захватывать вашу тему! Маловероятно, что этот разъем является причиной того, что мой мотоцикл не заводится, но когда до зимы он заводился нормально, а сейчас нет, начинаешь думать о каждой возможности, это немного сводит тебя с ума!
Симптомы:
1. При повороте крюка система снимается с сигнализации. Нет характерного звукового сигнала.
2. Нет сообщений об ошибках на дисплее.
3. Нет тестирования систем: абс, тормоза, акум и т.д.
4. Стартер не крутит, даже при попытке.
Диагноз:
Неисправности правого пульта управления. Это такая хрень возле ручки газа, где есть красная кнопка запуска и остановки двигателя.
Лечение у официального дилера: Только замена.
Лечение в полевых условиях:
1. Разобрать - открутить 2 болта
2. Отсоединяем разъем с проводами от самого выключателя.
3. Замкнуть 1 и 4 контакты скрепкой - это зажигание. Сигнализация отключится, системы будут протестированы при повороте ключа в рабочее положение.
4. Иметь остаток скрепки, чтобы замкнуть контакт 5 с совмещенным контактом 1+4 - это стартер. При замыкании 5+1+4 стартер начинает крутить, двигатель заводится, контакт 5 размыкается.
5. Для выключения мотора - повернуть ключ в положение выкл. Контакты 1 и 4 можно оставить замкнутыми, пока не найдете новый пульт управления.

·
Registered
BMW K1300S, 2009
15 Posts
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Primalcarl,

Maybe I misundersterstood "not starting" meaning. Do you mean it will not even turn over or it just turns but doesn't start? Moto Vasta 21, is giving you a rundown on the starter switch being the issue and a bypass using a paperclip to ports to diagnose the problem.

Moto Vasta 21, Спасибо за информацию. Это полезно.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
The color of choice is "Super Bright White". This will be the second time in my life I painted a motorcycle. First time was in high school many years ago. I now have more knowledge and better equipment to do a better job. Well see how it turns out. Paint kit ordered today with prime, base and clear coat for $154.99.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Sorry for the delay and wanted to give an update. I had to refinish my garage before Summer arrives. Now that that is done, I can resume the painting project. I hope to have the bike painted within the next week. Here is my garage before and after the insulation and drywall construction.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Definitely should be more comfortable in the summer and winter.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts