BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to purchase a used 07' or 06' k1200r. I see some with a fairing and a few without that have just the headlight and what appears to be some kind of air intake perhaps. Does anyone know if that is an aftermarket mod or was it an option? Thanks for bearing with the new guy..

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
Yes.

Sport model

non-sport model

Same engine, transmission, maybe very very slightly different geometry and final drive raio but unnoticeable.

It's like buying a car with a sport package with wings and a spoiler and sunroof as opposed to one without. Personal choice.

The K12R was made from 2005-2008(?) and the Sport was made from 2007-2008(?)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much! It is the non sport that I like. Do you know if they made both the sport and non sport in 07'? Also, I have seen pics of the 08' non sport but havent seen any for sale. Do you know if that model was available in U.S. in 08?

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
BMW usually doesn't export models for the following year if the previous year's inventory isn't mostly gone.

In the K1200R owners thread, someone posted that there were something like 1500 K1200R's in 2005 but only 77 in 2006. Or something to that effect...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts