BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped in on Southbank BMW earlier this week and the news is that the 2007 K1200S will not be in Australia till first quarter 2007.
Anyone heard differently?
cheers Andrew

·
Registered
234 Posts
Heard nothing here

Hey Andrew,

I spoke with ProCycles and they've heard nothing. In fact, as usual, the guys on this forum often know more than the sales guys at BM.

I hope what you heard is wrong though as I don't want to wait that long and would like to pick up an '07 if I can.

Let's see if anyone else gets some news.

Cheers,

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K1200S when ?

Thanks Clinton am tossing up whether to wait for the 2007 model looks like first quarter 2007.Wish they could be a bit better with details,notice the US guys have dates and shipping details etc! cheers Andrew

·
Registered
234 Posts
Spoke to BMW Australia

Andrew,

I contacted BMW Australia and a very helpful Clarice told me that they have no indication at this stage of the release of the 2007 models.

She indicated that it may be up to 6 months after the release of the new models in either the US or Great Britain.

Given that, I reckon 1st quarter 2007 is looking more and more likely.

Cheers,

·
Registered
636 Posts
Geez fellas, you have far more patience than me if you can wait that long!
Townsville BM have ordered 3 07 S's but no idea of delivery.
I'm still really looking forward to taking the Aluminium White machine out when it arrives. Apart from that, the Blue 06 GT has started to fit like a glove, and I'm getting faster on the 2 sweepers in 65kms on the road to and from work. I've got over 3000ks on the GT so far.

Best wishes all.

Ken.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
K1200s

All going well I be at Southbank BMW tommorow morning.If I have time will take a K1200GT and a K1200S(for the 2nd time) for a ride.Will let you know how I go !
cheers Andrew

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
K1200s

Got sick of waiting went and purchased a new K1200S (grey) yesterday!Goes well though not nearly as smooth as the test bike??Maybe it need to be run in?Went for a ride down to Sorrento this afternoon(120kms),tons of power with no chance to give it a squirt.Gear box very clunky in 12&3 clutch very heavy.ESA great on the freeway put on comfort and just glides along.Back home to Horsham tomorrow 300+kms so should be a good bed in for the motor etc.Should be able to give it a bit of a blast on the grampians roads and on some of the Wimmera back road over the weekend!
cheers guys!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Aha, buckled at the knees eh Andrew!
Good to hear you picked up a new Grey S. Beautiful looking machine mate. We look forward to your ride report for a longer run, and hope the bike beds in a bit by then.
Ride safe mate, and enjoy your great new toy.. You're in the right region for it.

Ken.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts