BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this 08 k1200s that hit a deer and went down o got the bike running with a jump pack because the battery was smoked when I first plugged the jumppack in I had all lights at some point during my jumping I lost headlights I still have tails breaks and blinkers and the blue highbeam icon still turns on but no front lights. I have taken off the headlamp assembly to see if it was the common ground problem and all the wires appeared to be in great shape.
Also i have tried to leave battery disconnected for an hour or so and still no luck I am planning on checking for power at headlamp connector with a voltage meter tomorrow and see if I have juice there if anybody has and recommendations they are appreciated thankyou

·
Registered
66 Posts
Gerry,

Welcome to the world of CAN buss. Your headlight will momentarily illuminate as soon as your key is turned on. This is the Chassis Computer letting you know the bulb is OK.

As my fellow enthusiasts noted: You will have a Bulb fail light illuminate Icon on the Combi, shortly thereafter if its the bulb

The headlight will cut out (turn off) so that you may have maximum electrical power for the Starting Circuit.

If you start and your engines alternator is producing enough voltage, the battery is receiving a charge: then you will need to interrogate the CAN Bus Chassis controller via a GS911 diagnostic tool or similar.

Happy Hunting

1 - 4 of 4 Posts