BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I went offroad in a ditch, hit both rims and the Arakapovic exhaust. So I need a header, and complete exhaust. Plus both rims. They're paying me out 13,600 and not totaling the bike. What aftermarket parts would you guys recommend....and [email protected]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good luck with the HP rims. I dinged one up and will have to have it refinished. They are about $1600.00 apiece new. Even finding the regular rim is a trick.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As zoomie pointed out, the HP's could be difficult to find unless you order new ones and they are expensive. But on the regular rims you might be surprised.

I recently toasted both rims on my 12r Sport and decided to check ebay and a few places before plopping down $1100 a wheel at the dealer. Glad I did. It's not like they're plentiful and a straight front wheel can be harder to find because that's usually where the impact occurs but they are out there. I spent a few hundred instead of a couple thousand and done.

Whichever way you go, good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a slightly out of round grey K12/K13 rear rim. Cosmetically, it is in very good shape. You can run it as it or get it trued up-- your call. PM me if interested-- I will let it go for $100+ shipping just to get it out of the garage.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The shop in Boise, ID, Hubcap Annie, that is working on my wheel said they can’t repair a bent rim. I did not think an aluminum wheel would bend, but best to check with repair shop to be sure they can repair it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts