BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had my 24k service done last week and they did the valve inspection/adjustment and updated software routine for counting the valve adjustment intervals. $700 USD, OUCH!
Better start saving up for your valve inspection, if you are close to doing it.

My bike is running much better, just like new!

I had the engine mgmt. software updates in April, so I do not attribute the better performance to that software program.

I also had the recall banjo bolt install done. Many folks have complained about the weak sister rear brake. Well, wait until you have this recall done. You really have to mash down on the back brake pedal at slow speeds to get anything out of it with the banjo bolt installed.

·
Registered
505 Posts
MadMax said:
I also had the recall banjo bolt install done. Many folks have complained about the weak sister rear brake. Well, wait until you have this recall done. You really have to mash down on the back brake lever at slow speeds to get anything out of it with the banjo bolt installed.
What's a back brake lever?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pedal or lever...

O.K. pedal, so I'm getting old and didn't use the preview post feature... mi malo.

·
Registered
120 Posts
back brake lever

Call it a lever or a pedal, I can't ever recall feeling it doing anything. No idea how the front/rear is applied using the handbrake but I rely on it 99% of the time. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rear brake strenght?

Hi.

Just got a new yellow/black ks. Love it. Love it.

One of the things I quickly noticed is how the rear brake pedal indeed barely produces any breaking. I asked the mechanic and he says that this is the way it is. "No one uses the pedal" he even adds. It's simply a device to apply low resistance.

Ok fine. but I used it on my K75s to rest my right hand while in a slope. With this one, I really, I mean really have to press hard. I have to make a concious effort to press as opposed to simply smoothly activating the brake.

Can some of you describe the weakness of the rear brake pedal on the k1200s?

I will get used to it, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Ride on,

Frank

·
Registered
11 Posts
My back brake is pretty weak, but I still get alot of use out of it. I use it during slow speed turns and the like to give me a bit of stabillity with the bike. I also use it when starting on inclines, and yes I do have to apply some pressure but it holds the bike still on every incline I have ever been on. I also use it when parked at traffic lights for long periods of time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts