BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a Garmin 2720 mounted on my motorcycle. While on a ride today I chose the Go Home feature and clicked Off Road calculation as I've done many time on my Previous Emap/StreetpilotIII/GPS60c. The end of the off road line always stays connected to the current position pointer. However now it just drops a line and I have to keep re-calculating to get the line with my current position. Don't know if I'm explaining this right. If you have any questions or suggestions let me know. Thanks.

Matt

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Assuming you have the latest firmware edition (v6.20) installed that addresses "Corrected problem that could cause false 'better route available' alerts," I am wondering about what mapset you are using compared ot you other models? The units you list all seem to use different mapset software.

I'd look at whever mapset you've loaded in the 2720 and look at it really close in MapSource. It's likely the off-road route could be broken so it would lead to the unit hanging up. I got the same problem on a rural highway when I discovered the cartographer never connected the road when it crossed the county line. It began to work right after I got back on the other side of the county line and picked up the road again. Sometimes it would give me a 50 mile detour!

Hopefully, you aren't getting a white cursor in the middle of the screen when it freezes. That's a whole different issue (heat-related to the screen and Garmin needs to fix it).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GMack said:
Assuming you have the latest firmware edition (v6.20) installed that addresses "Corrected problem that could cause false 'better route available' alerts," I am wondering about what mapset you are using compared ot you other models? The units you list all seem to use different mapset software.
I have 6.20. The problem isn't related to the better route available. It just doesn't leave the magenta line attached to the current position cursor.

Any other ideas??

Thanks.

Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts