BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 2820 works great but I am having some issues that I want to see how others addressed.
1) Periodic freeze up requiring a re-boot
2) Bluetooth will not retrieve my phone contacts from my HTC Wizard phone (Cingular 8125) other aspects of Bluetooth appear to work.

I have updated all the software using Garmin WebUpdater.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
DaMu

·
Registered
236 Posts
Same issues. Only happens periodically when I use the phone. All software up to date here. Reboot at a high rate of speed is a little frightening at times. Let us know if you find a solution. Thanks,

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also have a 2820 but have not experienced the same problems you have. The only problem I've experienced is after an upgrade the 2820 saying I needed to unlock the maps. I called Garmin customer service and they took care of it right away. I'd suggest giving them a call and see what they have to say. Be on the internet with your GPS unit as they might want to check it out via the internet.

John

·
Registered
205 Posts
Not sure but I think the freezing up has to do with the unit jumping around on your mount. Mine did the same thing with the Big Mak shelf with out supports. Once I added the supports and the shelf stops shaking at ever bump the gps freeze went away.

·
Registered
236 Posts
My 2820 works great most all of the time. However, the "freeze up" happens intermittently when I use the cell phone. Otherwise, it's solid as a rock!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts