BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AS an aside to the very helpfull discussion on the accessory power outlet under the tank, it was mentioned that there is a 2nd outlet under the rear seat. Does it take the same conectors as the one under the tank? I will be using the one under the tank to power the autocom, CB, GPS, radar, but want to use the rear one for other purposes. Does the rear one allow the same 5A amperage of the front plug, is it switched the same? Is the accessory harness the same?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi there Aussie pal,

The second accessory outlet under the seat, after verification, proves to be the 'regular' outlet on the left side of the bike, that is stock.

So no extra (third) accessory outlet is available.

In short: 1 accessory outlet is on the left side of the bike, with a 'regular' (humm) BMW plug to go in there (some cigar plugs have a plastic part that goes off, and then turn into a BMW plug), and the second accessory plug sits under the battery cover as described in the referenced thread, and needs a special connector with part# 83 300 413 585.

Hope this helps

Luc

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Lucsh. I will be able to get by with plugging the accessories I had in mind into the rear plug when the machine is parked, so this is OK. Thanks for clarrifying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts