BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called Cliff's BMW in Danbury at 10AM this morning( saturday). I told them I wanted to do the oil filler cap recall. They said come on over today and we will do it while you wait and "there are 2 other recalls".
I drove up from my home in 45 minutes. They looked at the bike, punched my VIN into the computer and said the bike will be ready in 15 minutes if it is just the oil cap.
20 minutes later, I was told, the bike is ready( after spending $155.00 on a summer shirt and gloves).

The tech gave me the report: Oil cap replaced, centerstand checked to see if in specs( it was), and checked the routing of the ring antenna( ignition switch area)It was OK.

It was one recall and 2 service bulletins.

They offered a wash, as it was free, but I declined as the bike was sparkling clean from my personal detailing yesterday.

Everything about this dealer is A-1. Today, there were all sorts of sale people helping trying on clothing and helpful in listening to customer's concerns. Great place to shop!

Beautiful ride to Cliff's and a better one home with Peace of Mind and lot's of back roads and twisties. I gotta love this bike. :) :) :) :D :D :teeth :teeth

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
After my final drive failed, while Sierra BMW was replacing that they also performed 3 other recalls/service bulletins on my GT. I need to inspect the differences more closely, but the new centerstand and stops they installed seem to be a much improved design. :)

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
messenger13 said:
After my final drive failed, while Sierra BMW was replacing that they also performed 3 other recalls/service bulletins on my GT. I need to inspect the differences more closely, but the new centerstand and stops they installed seem to be a much improved design. :)
So how did you like Sierra BMW?

I've never seen or heard anything bad said about them. I may swing through their shop in another month or so to check them out. Maybe some apparel as I hear they've got a lot, maybe the most of any dealer. I've heard their apparel/fitting girl, Suzanne Oster, is probably the best around.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
GMack said:
So how did you like Sierra BMW?
To say anything negative about Sierra would be just wrong. They took care of me (a total stranger) quickly and professionally. I was very fortunate to have broken down near that shop.

When you stop there, tell Scott the Service Manager that Joe (Mr. Broken GT Final Drive) said "Hello" and "Thanks again!". :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts