BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to ride the Beast yesterday, so at 30 degrees F (0800 am-Central Virginia) departed the Camfarm for points south and breakfast with my riding buddy.

Was able to take roads I've ridden with the R1150R and found dry, gravel/sand/salt free surfaces to test.

300 miles later (60 degrees now) had a safe return and a good day's memories.

Pushing the K-R into familiar turns left me with the impression that I could take every one of those twisties another 10-15 mph faster (than on the Roadster). I am really getting to like the feel of this duo-lever front suspension for turn-in, line holding, rough road stability, and overall function.

M

·
Registered
209 Posts
camfarm said:
Had to ride the Beast yesterday, so at 30 degrees F (0800 am-Central Virginia) departed the Camfarm for points south and breakfast with my riding buddy.

Was able to take roads I've ridden with the R1150R and found dry, gravel/sand/salt free surfaces to test.

300 miles later (60 degrees now) had a safe return and a good day's memories.

Pushing the K-R into familiar turns left me with the impression that I could take every one of those twisties another 10-15 mph faster (than on the Roadster). I am really getting to like the feel of this duo-lever front suspension for turn-in, line holding, rough road stability, and overall function.

M
I've had both as well. You'll be able to cover ground much more quickly on the KR. Don't be afraid to use body language on this bike. It remains just as stable regarless of how much you move around.

A 30 degree spread in temps is quite large for one ride. You must be a master of layering to stay comfortable. I've had to learn the same thing since my morning rides start out so cool as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts