BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

316 000km on a K1200S

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  CrazyDave 
#1 ·

:2beers:

#2 · (Edited)
I get "video unavailable" 1/3/2020, but if I copy and paste to another tab (Chrome) it comes up... in Italian.

I'm sure the work is instructive. I just happen to have a Canadian/Italian visiting but she's off with my wife... I'm sure I'll get the bill sooner or later. The visitor is of course not a biker so she may have some difficulty with technical terms.

(several hours later) my Canadian/Italian visitor watched the video and the shop owner says essentially that despite high mileage, the condition of the motor is impressive. Several minor parts were replaced, we didn't get quite which, but surely gaskets, seals and likely the crank bearings. The shop owner is even more impressed than he had been with the quality of BMW motors, etc. and quite went on about it.

We didn't see the clutch except being removed, and I didn't get comments about it. I wonder about the grainy surface on the intake tract in the head, but didn't get comment about it.

Thanks to Johan for posting this!

#4 ·
That's quite unbelievable 180000 Miles Plus awesome it's great to read a good positive story like this after so many negative ones
Hi join here years ago but went to I BMW because I met a lot of people that made me welcome in the USA however as you all know that place is gone forever

It doesn't really matter I found it a very incestuous site I wonder what the posters who posted half a dozen letters a day are doing now

I rode my k 1200 GT from San Francisco to pensacola and back covered 14000 km in 6 weeks it was quite an experience for somebody that have not been on a bike for 30 years wow what a difference mainly in the breaking not so much in the handling because I had a Norton as my first bike with a featherbed frame so handling was pretty good but the power of the BMW was unbelievable and at times it got me out of serious trouble when some linatics try to close me out approaching Salt Lake City the power was welcome

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.