- the bike is fast
- the bike is quiet

42 mpg..... even at 90 mph and the short screen 1/2 way up

- the throttle really IS like a "rheostat."
- the teves brakes are very linear
- the seat is fine for me so far
- the light color of the seat sucks for staying clean
- the computer is fantastic
- the ESA really works.... the comfort mode sucks up all the bumps on the interstates around here
- the sport mode really makes the bike rail through the corners
- the bridgestone tires are quite sticky and seem to work well in the dry.... haven't tried them in the wet yet
- great heat dissipation.... but, at a long light, you can feel the heat coming from the right side of the bike

i bought the MARSEE CORONA 20L back today
it is an incredible bag... and perfect for this bike
and.... no bag has EVER been easier to remove in a hurry.... to re-fuel or at the end of the day

well.....
that's enough for now
....... please don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have

but.......
see my first statement
find a way to buy one.... if you can
this is...... IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORLD the BEST bike BMW has ever made

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Greg,

I read your ride home from the dealer post and agree with most of the things
you stated. I have not had the 7.0 update as of this time and find the throttle to
be manageable but nowhere as smooth as your experience. Mine, like others seem
to completely shut off around 2,000 rpm when going to fully closed. You mention that you
are still running the 6.0. I am now curious if BMW has made some other than software
mods to provide you with a rheostat like throttle. I also have what I perceive to be a very
pleasing induction sound as I start to accelerate. This in conjunction with the exhaust note
is as good as it get's for sport touring. If you have done 350mi on your seat I don't believe that you have anything to be concerned about. I barely can do 150 before
I have to pull over. Enjoy the Gt as soooo many have.

Ride Safe,

Phil

·
Registered
407 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
this is...... IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORLD the BEST bike BMW has ever made
Great the bike is just what you are looking forward. A nice complement to the MV. Would only clarify, it is the best bike BMW has made for your needs/wants. It isn't the best for off road. It isn't the best for the canyons, or best for long distance touring (Many would say LT or RT). But I get your point and as long as you are psyched, that's what matters. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
phil_p said:
Hi Greg,

I read your ride home from the dealer post and agree with most of the things
you stated. I have not had the 7.0 update as of this time and find the throttle to
be manageable but nowhere as smooth as your experience. Mine, like others seem
to completely shut off around 2,000 rpm when going to fully closed. You mention that you
are still running the 6.0. I am now curious if BMW has made some other than software
mods to provide you with a rheostat like throttle. I also have what I perceive to be a very
pleasing induction sound as I start to accelerate. This in conjunction with the exhaust note
is as good as it get's for sport touring. If you have done 350mi on your seat I don't believe that you have anything to be concerned about. I barely can do 150 before
I have to pull over. Enjoy the Gt as soooo many have.

Ride Safe,

Phil
phil....
you are right in wondering whether something ELSE was done to the '07s to make the throttle more Manageable withOUT having to update to 7.0.
i'm really not sure.... and i'm pretty sure that no one in this country will have an accurate answer

the seat isn't perfect
but, that brutale made me appreciate the bmw seat

about that exhaust note....
something happens at 7,000 rpm that makes the induction noise double and get much more pleasing

i like it a lot
i can't wait until the bike is broken in

·
Registered
41 Posts
Greg,
Just curious. You said you have the Marsee Corona 20l tankbag. I have the BMW tankbag, and because of the way it slopes, have no trouble seeing the Garmin Navigator. Is your NAVIII mounted on the BMW mount, and if it is, can you see it ok? If possible, can you post a picture?
Thanks,
Carl

·
Registered
41 Posts
And by the way, since we have some similar bikes, I KNEW you would love the GT. It's only going to get better. This bike truly has everything I personnally am looking for in a motorcycle; power, handling, comfort, power, power....
Carl

·
Registered
232 Posts
Greg S - Glad to hear you like the Corona bag; I love mine and as you said, it's so easy at a fill up, and I like the way the maps go in and the ability to flip them over.
We'll see when you do a real long ride how much you like the seat...try a few thousand in a couple of days. Oh, and your mileage should get a little better with more miles; I get 50 mpg keeping below 80mph.
Cheers, Greg C

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
carldmd said:
Greg,
Just curious. You said you have the Marsee Corona 20l tankbag. I have the BMW tankbag, and because of the way it slopes, have no trouble seeing the Garmin Navigator. Is your NAVIII mounted on the BMW mount, and if it is, can you see it ok? If possible, can you post a picture?
Thanks,
Carl
i see the nav fine
and i'm only 5'6"...
the bag will be left UNexpanded.... but it fits PERFECTLY
and my nav iii IS mounted on the standard bmw mount

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congrats on finally getting your bike!! Hey, I thought you were one of the people telling me that the Corona didn't look right on the GT :D Anyway I really like mine.

Have you had a chance to ride the bike in heavy traffic? That's when I notice the snatchy throttle.

Rob

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
i see the nav fine
and i'm only 5'6"...
the bag will be left UNexpanded.... but it fits PERFECTLY
and my nav iii IS mounted on the standard bmw mount
Sitting on Greg's bike will soon be like looking at the TV wall at Best Buy. a GPS screen for each eye...and then some! :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rob_S said:
Congrats on finally getting your bike!! Hey, I thought you were one of the people telling me that the Corona didn't look right on the GT :D Anyway I really like mine.

Have you had a chance to ride the bike in heavy traffic? That's when I notice the snatchy throttle.

Rob
yeah.....
that jerk who said that probably WAS me..... :rotf:
while it might not "look" like it fits on the GT....
1. no bag could ever be easier to put on and off
2. it does NOT touch the bike.... and, therefore, can't scratch it
3. mine is electrified and that makes me very very happy

as for riding in heavy traffic,
i guess because my MV is SO horrible at off-idle abruptness, the GT seems to have no issues at all. honestly.... and as others have surmised that maybe the '07s had something ELSE done to them to make them easier to ride slowly (despite having 6.0 software)...
my GT is fanastic in this regard

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
stop now and look at THIS thread:

http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3171&highlight=rear+camera

i WILL have this setup on my GT soon
a 4-5" LCD screen on my dash where i can SEE behind me
how freakin' cool (and utterly geeky) would THAT be?
No offense Greg (and I am happy for ya) but I'm not interested in rear-view screens. I don't think it will be as usable as you might be thinking that it will be. Time will tell.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Greg,

That was a good ride yesterday, for Florida in the summer. Two KS bikes, an LT , an RT, your GT and a Honda CBX that sounds like a Formula One car.
Your new GT is very nice! It looks better in person than in pictures.

Greg S.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
messenger13 said:
No offense Greg (and I am happy for ya) but I'm not interested in rear-view screens. I don't think it will be as usable as you might be thinking that it will be. Time will tell.

actually, i would NEVER do this....
but, it is quite interesting..... in an off-SUV setting

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spring said:
Greg,

That was a good ride yesterday, for Florida in the summer. Two KS bikes, an LT , an RT, your GT and a Honda CBX that sounds like a Formula One car.
Your new GT is very nice! It looks better in person than in pictures.

Greg S.
Greg,
i'm so happy that you joined us yestreday
we need to ride together soon
glad that the CBX noise didn't drive you nuts :D

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
stop now and look at THIS thread:

http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3171&highlight=rear+camera

i WILL have this setup on my GT soon
a 4-5" LCD screen on my dash where i can SEE behind me
how freakin' cool (and utterly geeky) would THAT be?
ummm...

The only thing that seems to follow me is the CA Highway Patrol. Had one follow me for nearly 40 miles last week on a 55 mph highway zone and it was PURE HELL! He'd drop back, then speed up. He finally passed me, but kept hitting me with his damn radar. The really strange part about his Ka radar signal was that even when he was close, my detector recorded his signal strength at two distinct levels, like he was switching between a high power and low power settings mode. Very odd behavior.

After HELL'S TIME had passed, he zooms off way ahead and out of site, maybe had a call or baiting me to speed up. But no. He tried to be sneaky and turned around, and now is coming back at me with the damn radar again! Cripes! Luckily, nearly everyone stayed around 55-58 mph. Gotta give him an A for persistance. Finally, I guess he gave up and headed home. Never heard from him again. If you're on a GT, you should be ticketed for not doing at least 15 mph over. :rotf:

Ya know, I don't know if I want to stare at their ugly mug in a camera behind me any more than I want to see them in the mirrors. Certainly not for another 40 minutes worth of tailing me. Out of site. Out of mind.

Oh, did I ever mention they seem to seriously nut up over hitting the Crystal Gray Metal ones with the radar? Even in 20 mph hairpins! Guess they know the CGM bikes are faster...or they stick out like a sore thumb. Not that I would ever give them reason to think otherwise. :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts