BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
There is a long list of jobs that were done to get it running. This bike has a 50/50 chance of being okay or a looser. So many years not in use and has assisted ABS to boot.
Yea, that caught my eye, too. Mechanical things like to operate and when left in place tend to deteriorate in other ways. I think that's what happened to this bike not to mention that there's no reference to the tires being changed out. I love the Bumblebee paint scheme though and if I had stoooopid money I might be tempted to buy it to put on static display in my slope-side home in Aspen. Full disclosure; I don't have stoooopid money nor do I own a home in Aspen. :(

· Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's a lovely bike I seem to have one just like it in the garage. When I got mine it was ten years old and had about 2,600 miles on it. Everything went well and no issues from the extended sit time; now the odometer is at 85,000 +. Maybe this buyer will have the same results.
Me as well. Bought mine used in '08 with 3.4K on the clock and never had an issue when I traded it in at 33K. That said, I did have the dealer do the cam chain anti-jump upgrade done as cost (thank you BMWNA) well after it was out of warranty. Oh, and don't pay any attention to those Fried_Chicken people. :p

· Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yes the FJR is comfy and fast. But the little bit of riding on the K1200s before the snow hit definitely got me excited. However choosing what bike to ride is getting harder as you can see. I do ride them all. The FJR is currently in Phoenix waiting for me to bring her back home to Idaho
View attachment 33075
Sir, it would appear that you have an addiction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts