BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
210 Posts
My first k12s was an 05 that I put 60k miles on and it was near flawless mechanically , none of the issues that get magnified on the internet.
My current k1200s now has 50k miles and so far no issues to speak off, reliable and fun, what more can you ask for !

I think there’s way more good stories about the 05 and 06 that you don’t read about.
In hindsight I’m Glad I bought my 05 and was one of the most reliable and fun bike’s I’ve owned period, I also keeped it well maintained and didn’t baby it either.

Well bought for a bumblebee thats practically new still, new owner should be enjoying that bike for many years!

· Registered
210 Posts
Agree with above.
You will most likely be more comfortable on the FJR for longer trips, however once you get familiar with the “ K “ it’s going to be hard not to ride it.
I owned a GS which is a great bike thinking I would alternate between the two however come the weekend my K1200s was always first choice, ended up selling the GS due to not riding it much.
These K’s bikes are truly amazing and really nothing else equivalent out there in same category imo.

Hang on to them as long as you can, fix them when needed to extend their life, maintain them well and enjoy what is truly a one of kind production run for BMW.
I consider myself privileged to own one (three).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts