BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$147 at BMW of North Dallas.

Put her on the GT-1 and had ZERO faults.

Mechanic made a small adjustment to the shift linkage and she shifts like buttah!

·
Registered
68 Posts
eljeffe said:
$147 at BMW of North Dallas.

Put her on the GT-1 and had ZERO faults.

Mechanic made a small adjustment to the shift linkage and she shifts like buttah!
great news jeff
$147.....
i bet those folks at my dealership will find a way to charge me $450.00 !

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's not much to the 6K. And unlike the RS/GT/LT, there's no need to remove any tupperware. Looks like this is gonna cost about half of what it took to maintain the LT.

·
Registered
68 Posts
eljeffe said:
There's not much to the 6K. And unlike the RS/GT/LT, there's no need to remove any tupperware. Looks like this is gonna cost about half of what it took to maintain the LT.
i'd say a big AMEN to THAT news

·
Registered
279 Posts
eljeffe said:
Try telling that to the morons who bitch about only getting one key.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GTdavey said:
Try telling that to the morons who bitch about only getting one key.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!
Spending upwards of $22K for a motorcycle and not getting extra keys or a friggin toolkit is pretty lousy.

Sounds like you need to get a clue.

·
Registered
279 Posts
eljeffe said:
Spending upwards of $22K for a motorcycle and not getting extra keys or a friggin toolkit is pretty lousy.

Sounds like you need to get a clue.
A clue huh ???
How about the "context" of that statement?
Does that matter ?
A clue huh ?
How about THE most advanced formula one engine, brakes, oh hell, what's the point. ?

Context.
You'll save more money with the GT than you would with any other current BMW.

Context.
Try paying for a 600 mi. service $$$ on a '06 RT. That alone would pay for ANY toolkit, ANY keys, but I guess that would be to rational.
I have a clue, and I acted on it.
All this complaining, whinning, and bitching does, is breed discontentment, period.

Maybe you would prefer inferior cost control and "value engineering", so you could have your little "trinkets".

I expected more from you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Easy does it.

We all have our own expectations on what we should have gotten with this bike or should have been charged for service. No need to take it out on each other. It could be worse we could all own Harleys, :D

·
Registered
279 Posts
Sometimes my passions try to get the better part of me.
Point well taken.

·
Registered
650 Posts
eljeffe said:
Spending upwards of $22K for a motorcycle and not getting extra keys..
That does seem rather unusual.

Everything brand new that I've ever bought that was keyed came with two of them, and this is the first instance I've ever heard of only getting one key.

·
Registered
49 Posts
North County BMW in San Diego first told me the 6k service was $305, when I contacted them by email, then changed the charge to $285 when I called them. San Diego BMW wants $205. I cancelled my appointment at North County BMW. North County is the same dealership that told me I needed a new rear disk (not pads, disk) after 12,000 miles on my LT.

I don't understand the reason for the difference in charges. San Diego BMW says there is 3 hours involved in the service. If so $205 sounds about right for the labor, oil, and oil filter.

·
Registered
71 Posts
money

yumaLT said:
North County BMW in San Diego first told me the 6k service was $305, when I contacted them by email, then changed the charge to $285 when I called them. San Diego BMW wants $205. I cancelled my appointment at North County BMW. North County is the same dealership that told me I needed a new rear disk (not pads, disk) after 12,000 miles on my LT.

I don't understand the reason for the difference in charges. San Diego BMW says there is 3 hours involved in the service. If so $205 sounds about right for the labor, oil, and oil filter.
Its like I told my son when he got a price on tires for his Yamaha. The only thing cheap about a motorcycle is the gas. Its the price you pay for the ultimate freedom.
David

·
Registered
433 Posts
carnadero said:
That does seem rather unusual.

Everything brand new that I've ever bought that was keyed came with two of them, and this is the first instance I've ever heard of only getting one key.
You get 1.5 keys. A real key and a skinny plastic key you can put in your wallet or some such...... When I got my bike, the delaer gave me 2 more for 50 bucks each.... He explained to get new keys, a dealer is suppose to see the Reg with VIN, a bill of sale, and an ID. Then he fills out a form, sends it Germany or some such, then 2 weeks later he gets keys.... BTW, these keys are the fancy high tech chipped ones, gone are the days of going to ACE hardware for new keys....... Yeah a hundred bucks for 2 keys a bit stiff, but its in the noise, and the smile on my face, well priceless.......

·
Registered
437 Posts
easy, boys!!!!!!

chill, bro. marketing guys have been aware for yrs that tco is becoming more and more important. if u want to see trends, check out the actions of the marketing gurus at harley. their latest is almost dealer-proof, with checkups long and far between. bmw knows this.........i have the '04 kgt and have been ripped up at a dealer too many times. i bought the service manual, and now do the stuff myself. but u think i like it? heck no! i just want to ride, not wrench. i'm encouraged by $150 checkup, beats the $750 they quoted for my 24k, which i did myself.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts