BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not recieved my service manual yet for my bike and It is ready for the 600 mile service. Does anyone have a copy of the service checklist for the 2008 model? thanks in advance.

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
The 600-mile service is basically an engine oil change and a check & tighten everything. Make sure they change the rear drive oil as well, as not all dealers are up on that requirement.

And don't be afraid to ride the bike and rev it up. Just don't lug it in low gears or drone along at one rpm for a long time. Vary the rpms all the way through the range and the bike will settle in just fine.

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
GTYeti said:
I have not recieved my service manual yet for my bike and It is ready for the 600 mile service. Does anyone have a copy of the service checklist for the 2008 model? thanks in advance.
My bike came with a manual.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies. I guess I need to clarify what i was looking for. I was looking for a copy of the service checklist used by the bmw mechanics. If you have a factory service manual (not owners manual) they are in the maintanence section.
I was wanting one for my records as I do my own service work. I like to document all services with checklists and dated photos (in case they give me any grief for warranty repairs)
I called my dealer and they actually faxed one to me! They must not have updated their service disks lately because it does not list a final drive oil change.
The manual I have for my 2007 GS lists a final drive oil change.
Either way I will change the final drive oil (it is a easy job)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts