BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the bike in this morning for the break-in service. No surpises. They did check the tail lamp assembly, TADT - they all do that. Loose and such, even the one on the new bike on the floor.

Ending up spending about $250 for the service and 5 hours in the shop. There is a recall (2008 K1200GT) for the front brake disc threaded fasteners. Covered under warranty but took about 90 minutes to fix. The spec sheet says 6 fillister head screws and 4 oval head screws.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
5 hours and $250 for what should have been an oil change and final drive oil change? Yikes! Even with the front wheel. Spendy dealer.... :yeow:

I had my dealer pull that kind of crap once. With an appointment what should have been a 1.5 hour job took 6. I wasn't pleased and let them know. It's never happened again.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Basically 2 hours at $95/hour plus parts (oil, filter, o-ring - prices were good). Even though I was there for 6 hours. Yuck. At least they had the parts in stock for the recall, otherwise I would have had to make another trip. So it shoulda been 2-3 hours, the recall killed me.

Moving in the fall - anyone have experience with the dealership in Knoxville? thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Prices seem to be going nuts......

I had oil and filter changed plus 2 bungie cords with tax was $57.00......
Had the oil,filter, trany fluid ( which means removing skid plate and left foot peg plate ) and the FD fluid changed and a $9.00 inspection sticker,, all for $188.00 so I think my dealer has been pretty good to me...........Pete

·
Registered
1 Posts
r1200c

hi guys i live in nyc.. i was charged 475+parts for my 600 miles service.. just stay away from manhattan otherwise youll get f...so bad..for your info..

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
balyanak said:
hi guys i live in nyc.. i was charged 475+parts for my 600 miles service.. just stay away from manhattan otherwise youll get f...so bad..for your info..
I had Manhattan BMW do my 600 mile service and it was jusat around $200.00.

And this was almost 2 years ago!!

Wow ! Glad I had my inspection today at a local Honda dealer for $10.00. He kinda looked at the bike and slapped the sticker on!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I had LoneStar BMW in Austin do my 600 mi service and it didn't cost a thing. :D They changed the oil, changed the final drive oil, checked all fasteners, and hooked it up to the puter to check for faults. I was told that the first service was free, and I thought that it was a BMW thing, guess not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts