BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After intermittent issues for the past 60 days and 3K plus miles...And, more specifically, complete engine shut off at low RPM concluding a 2 hour ride yesterday, got to do the upgrade. More details to follow after installation.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I've had no issues with my Aussie bike at all in 1000kms.
As the bike had version 6.5 (that's what the workshop called it, not me) installed prior to my picking the bike up last week, I called Townsville BMW and asked about V7. The workshop fella advised me that he doesn't recommend installing it unless I'm having issues. I'm happy with this advice, how ever, how do you know if your machine has more capability unless you have the latest software??? Bloody dilemma.
They had V7, but it was so new, it wasn't loaded on their computer (must come as a hard copy disk).

Best wishes all.

Ken.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
baytown said:
I've had no issues with my Aussie bike at all in 1000kms.
As the bike had version 6.5 (that's what the workshop called it, not me) installed prior to my picking the bike up last week, I called Townsville BMW and asked about V7. The workshop fella advised me that he doesn't recommend installing it unless I'm having issues. I'm happy with this advice, how ever, how do you know if your machine has more capability unless you have the latest software??? Bloody dilemma.
Ken, Your argument is sound...nothing but "sound". :D

No, but really. Sometimes you just have to live on the edge. 'Better safe than sorry' is for scooter riders. :D I'll report back on Friday once V7 is installed.

·
The Gov
660 Posts
messenger13 said:
Ken, Your argument is sound...nothing but "sound". :D

No, but really. Sometimes you just have to live on the edge. 'Better safe than sorry' is for scooter riders. :D I'll report back on Friday once V7 is installed.
Agreed. No body writes code, tests it, regression tests it again and then fields it if it weren't needed, especially BMW, I'm sure. The old "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" thing has never worked with me. Based upon field reports, somebody at BMW signed off on spending the bucks to make the change.

I'm very happy with it after 100 miles, rideability at lows speeds in traffic around town is much improved, and my GPS, so far stays on.

I think the only risk is making sure the tech knows how to perform the flash. If I hadn't been the first I would have been home at 1PM vs. 4PM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts