BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a UK model 84 K100 with the headlight switched so you can turn it off, unlike US models where it is always on. The contacts in the original switch are blasted from corrosion and wear and the headlight stopped working. In the process of trying to fix that I repaired the leaking master cylinder and refinished the control blocks and handlebars from break fluid damage. Since I could not fix the original switch I decided to replace it and got an "always on" US switch block. It seemed like a good idea but then started to worry I would run into electrical trouble with the wiring during the conversion. Has anyone done this? Any landmines I should know about? I'm not the best with electrical. Thanks!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Switch...

The only problems I have with the euro switch are people constantly telling me that my headlight is burned out....

I don't run it sometimes and everyone thinks something is wrong.... VA is one of the few states that doesn't require a headlight on in daylight... you only have to show a tail light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts