BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have at least one plug wire that keeps vibrating off. The engine runs rough and then you hear a knocking sound. Push the number one plug wire back on and it all clears up. I have had to do this several times. Is there a way to stop this from happening or do I have to buy a new plug wire?

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Overkill said:
I have at least one plug wire that keeps vibrating off. The engine runs rough and then you hear a knocking sound. Push the number one plug wire back on and it all clears up. I have had to do this several times. Is there a way to stop this from happening or do I have to buy a new plug wire?
A temporary fix would be to use dielectric grease in the boot around the spark plug terminal to tighten the gap between the terminal and the connector. This worked on my Tiger for about a year until the grease hardened around the terminal insulating it from the connector. At that point, I bought new wires.

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
If they use the same plug connectors as the K12s, check and compare the push contact with a good connector. On the K12s they use a very flimsy brass cap and when people pull them off badly at an angle, the brass cap splits/cracks and even fragments so it no longer holds on the plug. The plug caps should be pulled when hot and straight out.

If the plug cap contact is broken, you have to replace the lead complete.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts