BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 94 K1100RS. It needed a new clutch which required removing the fairing. I like it better without the fairing but need to and new headlight, and turn signals. I would also like to change the handlebars. . . Raising them so I can sit up higher.
I have looked on the net and see stock naked K75s and & K100s with the round headlights and turn signals as 1 unit and separate. Does anyone know if the parts from these bikes will fit my bike.
Ty for your thoughts.
Steve N

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rider1100RS said:
I recently purchased a 94 K1100RS. It needed a new clutch which required removing the fairing. I like it better without the fairing but need to and new headlight, and turn signals. I would also like to change the handlebars. . . Raising them so I can sit up higher.
I have looked on the net and see stock naked K75s and & K100s with the round headlights and turn signals as 1 unit and separate. Does anyone know if the parts from these bikes will fit my bike.
Ty for your thoughts.
Steve N
Steve I did this same conversion years ago and it does work. I have a complete K75C fairing and headlight that I will not be using.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BoxerMetal said:
Steve I did this same conversion years ago and it does work. I have a complete K75C fairing and headlight that I will not be using.
Boxer Metal,
Ty for your response. I will take a look at the K75C and get an idea of what you have and what it looks like. How much would you sell that for if it is for sale?
Rider1100RS

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bars

Hello Steve and others,
Freshly registered to forum.
I put these 2" risers on my 96K1100RS tonight. I don't want to jinx myself, but these things are great. My surgically repaired wrist is much happier and my bike still handles well. My dashboard doesn't fit anymore. It looks quite funky zip-tied to my handlebars and I have to slide the key through the hole. I will probably put a longer brake hose on later for some peace of mind. It's on the edge of being a rubberband depending on the handlebar position.

I like your idea about making the bike naked. I'd like to do that as well. I found 2 extremely cool naked 1100's surfing around.

http://www.motorcycleparts-hornig.com/Company.html?newsid=198&bikeid=2--BMW-K1100RS

http://s218067289.onlinehome.us/specialks/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/DSC01381.jpg

I'd also like to be able to put the fairings back on to take trips. Is that your goal, also?

Peace

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts