BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the need to replace the clutch slave cylinder on my 99 K12RS.. does anyone here have any idea how to go about this? Thanks in advance for any info regarding this.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
After reading many of the horror stories on these pages of the trouble removing the swingarm and then the transmission and clutch( to check for clutch fluid on the seals and disc). I would be very tempted to take the bike to a dealer who would give you a firm price$$$$$$$$$. The search function is your friend. In this case it might not be too friendly.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
Replace the rear engine seal and the transmission input shaft seal when things are apart. If the shop is doing the work, it's worth the extra hour and $15.00 (probably less) in extra parts. The oil seals are toast if any brake fluid (from the hydraulic clutch) comes in contact with those seals. Really cheap insurance against having to pull things all apart again when either of the seals start leaking.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts