BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Beech, if you're referring to the R1250RS video above, I didn't notice any wheel hop or destabilization during the rider's downshifting. Maybe if the wheels had been visible in the video it might have been more apparent. What clue'd you in to it?

·
Premium Member
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Sorry, I mis understood you. There is no wheel hop because this bike and newer ones like it (like my S1000R) match the RPM automatically when you down shift and have the throttle closed. Makes it pretty care free and handy in a tight corner.

·
Premium Member
2015 K1300S Motosport Edition
147 Posts
Beech, if you're referring to the R1250RS video above, I didn't notice any wheel hop or destabilization during the rider's downshifting. Maybe if the wheels had been visible in the video it might have been more apparent. What clue'd you in to it?
I mentioned it. In the video, when he was entering some of the more severe turns, you can hear the wheel hop. I suspect it was rear wheel hop under braking.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'd really like to ride an RS at some point. I have a 2018 r1200gs and can't imagine a better around town do everything type of motorcycle. I'm just as comfy tossing it around in the twisties as I am doing Offroad riding.

·
Premium Member
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yes, sperz, it is quite a competent bike. BMW is going to change it next year to more dirt orientated. Aluminum frame, larger engine displacement to compete with other brands etc. But if you test out one of the road bikes you will be surprised how competent they are for the road not dirt. One bike can do many things but a specific bike can do its designated job pretty darn well. I stumble to say this but I love my K1300S bike. I'm just too old to risk the normal dirt crashes on a GS that I used to endure.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts