BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 98 K12RS has the ABS lights flashing and it's been diagnosed as having a modulator/electrical problem. I've been told by a mechanic that they can be rebuilt for $400 and my question is has anyone had success in having these rebuilt? I understand there's only one company in US to get this done and turnaround is approximately 2 weeks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've read good things about Module Masters in Idaho. As far as I know, they are the only "legit" ones that offer ABS rebuild services for motorcycles in the USA. Sadly, they seemed to have been unable to come up with a rebuild for the infamous "Servo ABS" units used on later K bikes, due to an inability to source parts for it. That doesn't apply to your 98 model. Let us know how it works out for you. https://modulemaster.com/rebuilds/

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should get my scoot back this week or next and I'll post the results from the rebuild. I was hoping to get some feedback from others who had this done so if there's anyone out there let me know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got completed bike back and all is good. Had the work done by Austin Moto Works in Austin Texas and have nothing but good things to say about them. Replaced ABS modulator for $600 including $400 just for re build, replaced rear master cylinder and brake pads, changed all the fluids and checked over entire bike for a little over $1100. Very pleased with Steve the owner who kept me informed by text the whole time and I would highly recommend him to anyone with any age BMW. Mine is 19 years old and no stealership would touch it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts