BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 k12rs that is having an ABS failure. ABS failure light blinks rapidly, and caution light stays on. I know the rear brake is my failure due to no servo assist. If my ABS pressure modulator failed would I still have servo assisted front brakes?

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
Reservoir filled? There's a reservoir behind the coolant tank with two chambers. When pulling the lever or pressing the pedal, you should hear the servo whine. Rear brake action isn't that great at stopping the bike, but it's helping. There are three brake "circuits" on the ABS module for the rear brake (fourth is to the caliper), so if there's air in one circuit, I suspect it would cause the servo to fail on the rear.
Has anyone worked on the brakes recently? If not, the expensive box might be the culprit. I haven't heard of this kind of failure before.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No work has been done to the brakes in a while. All my reservoirs are serviced to max, and abs sensors are gapped properly. Battery voltage appears to be good, and the brake bulb is not burnt out. The problem came while riding 400 miles in the rain. It has been three weeks since the bike was wet and it still has the problem. I am hoping it is not the $1600 box that is bad. I'm trying to narrow the problem down, and asking if it can be the abs pressure modulator if I am still getting servo assist with the front brakes?
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts