BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fault light has been off and on a few times. GS911 says no power to pump. Has anyone done the pump job, how long did it take you and did you post pictures. Is it just a matter of bleeding the brakes after or is there a "trick" The dealer wants to charge me 5 hours labor, that sounds like horseshit .Thanks

·
Registered
357 Posts
Lenbo said:
Fault light has been off and on a few times. GS911 says no power to pump. Has anyone done the pump job, how long did it take you and did you post pictures. Is it just a matter of bleeding the brakes after or is there a "trick" The dealer wants to charge me 5 hours labor, that sounds like horseshit .Thanks

Do a search. If that's the fault it's not a simple bleed job. The short of it is: your brushes in the motor are stuck and not making contact, thus, no power. Send it to Module Master. (search again)...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
moymurfs said:
Do a search. If that's the fault it's not a simple bleed job. The short of it is: your brushes in the motor are stuck and not making contact, thus, no power. Send it to Module Master. (search again)...

I understand that, I am having module masters do the rebuild . Who has taken the pump out themselves and are there any suggestions or tips and tricks during reinstall.THANK YOU

·
Registered
357 Posts
Lenbo said:
I understand that, I am having module masters do the rebuild . Who has taken the pump out themselves and are there any suggestions or tips and tricks during reinstall.THANK YOU
I have. Very simple, no tricks, reconnect the 4 metal tubes and bleed the brakes like normal. You will see when the air bubbles are pushed out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
did mine today due to the last time i did it the brushes did not free up too well so problem resurfaced so this time i removed the whole pump rather than struggle getting the motor fixed back in place. a small amount of fiddling and managed to remove the problem brush and trim it very slightly to allow it free movement.reinstalling it all and bleeding brakes was very easy no dramas at all normal bleed senario nothing difficult. :)

·
Registered
752 Posts
A standard brake bleed is fine for routine maintenance, but if you disconnect the lines from the ABS module then a proper bleed will require a dealer scan tool or a GS911 to cycle the valves in the ABS system during the bleeding process. When you do this you will release a lot of trapped air from inside the ABS module so yes, it is necessary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts