BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 K1300R
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been told that the ambient temp readout was not included in my 'package.' The sensor is there so I was wondering if there is someway to add it to the control module (ZFE)? I would like to see the ambient temp on my bike's display. I couldn't turn it 'on' using the GS-911. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

*Here's the workaround. Double sided tape with sensor wire attached to bike sensor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Neal,

You probably have found the solution by now but if you haven't I had the same issue on my K1200R with the On Board Computer (OBC) deactivated.

After doing some research and for the benefit of other users I found the ambient temperature sensor connector located just behind the headlight on the left side with no sensor attached. I purchased the outside temperature sensor for about $20.

Automotive design Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle door

Cylinder Auto part Font Engineering Metal

It was an easy fix. To activate the sensor you will need to purchase a scanning tool with the BMW Motoscan app. I found the HEX GS-911 doesn't allow you to active the OBC settings. I purchased the OBDLink LX Bluetooth Scanner with 10PIN Adapter For BMW Motocycles MOTOSCAN from ebay for $110 AUD. You will also need to purchase the Motoscan full licence for $60 AUD.
Tire Automotive tire Camera accessory Automotive lighting Rectangle

Measuring instrument Font Gas Display device Temperature

Here's a link to assist with using the Motoscan.
Eabling OBC (on-board computer) on F800GS / F700GS with Motoscan | Adventure Rider (advrider.com)

Hope this helps. Cheers!

·
Registered
2012 K1300R
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! Thanks Mike, tons of great information. Unfortunately my local Motorrad solved the problem. They simply crashed my bike in their shop and gave me the choice of a buyout or wait half the summer to repair it for free. I took the buyout since I didn't want to lose the prime riding time. My new (used) K1300R has all the goodies including the temp sensor and the super awesome shift assist. I appreciate all the effort and the info which I'm sure will help someone else out.
Thanks again,
Neal

·
Registered
2 Posts
My pleasure, I had a lot of fun doing the research looking into the OBC options. BTW Congratulations on a very nice free upgrade! The K1300R are an awesome bike which I’m looking to upgrading to a 2016 model with low kms in the near future. Regards Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts