BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I’m not sounding like a broken record with the questions and a bit of engineering I’ve come up with….. I don’t understand why the foot brake pedal Is not adjustable meaning it returns in full up position in the same place there’s no adjusting that you can adjust the plunger to the master cylinder to where it will engage but the pedal always comes up to the same spot so I made it adjustable where it hits the stop I drilled a hole through the brake pedal and Tapped it and put an adjustable quarter 20 bolt through there With a locking nylon nut on the bottom the bike came with lowered foot pegs I could adjust the shifter to make me happy but I could not get the brake pedal to start in a lower position now I can I do not need a clutch or brake pedal with a wide footprint I can reach them easily. Here’s a picture when I bought my K 1200 S it had lowered pegs and I took them off right away because I could not get happy with the brake pedal now I may go back and reinstall those and do the same thing I did to my GT. Maybe. Lol. I made a Backrest from my wife that piece is still at the upholstery shop but I got the seat back it looks nice with the red stitching I also blacked out the mechanism behind the windscreen although I may get a 7 Jurock for it with a lift in dark tint. I paid quite a bit more for this by then my K 1200S…..5000 with 19000 miles for the 1200. 7400 for the GT. With 27000 miles.

Attachments

Reactions: tgiakou

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Olistoys1.I am in the way to buy the low pegs kit from Verholen ,but I have question about adjusting the brake pedal. Before you make the hole and put the screw to the pedal did you adjust the plunger at the end of the pedal and under the mastercylinder?
How is the clearance when you leaning the bike ( normally).?
Is it an issue with the wide placement of the foot with the low pegs?

·
Registered
2009 BMW K1300GT
545 Posts
I solved my issue with the lowering pegs by purchasing a used lever and the machinist at work heated it and put a bend in it. It's about 3/4" lower. Also have a set of Estrada highway pegs.
Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Automotive wheel system Carbon
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Bicycle part

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hello Olistoys1.I am in the way to buy the low pegs kit from Verholen ,but I have question about adjusting the brake pedal. Before you make the hole and put the screw to the pedal did you adjust the plunger at the end of the pedal and under the mastercylinder?
How is the clearance when you leaning the bike ( normally).?
Is it an issue with the wide placement of the foot with the low pegs?
When I got the bike last week it had 1” chicken marks on the tires now there is not even 3/8 my first ride was yesterday I put 100 miles on it they sell aftermarket brake and shifter pedals but they are not necessary with a lowered pegs I can reach everything no problem yes there’s plenty of room on the plunger a 1/4 20 bolt Ran all the way down get it installed back on the bike and then you can adjust it out the seat of the bolt is about 3/16 to a 1/4” from being all the way screwed down….. what’s weird why is there so much adjustment on the plunger if the brake pedal keeps coming all the way up I guess it wasn’t designed to have lowered pegs and to answer your other question I’m pretty aggressive in the canyon I touch the peg once last night just barely in a very sharp 15 mile an hour corner I do not think it’s going to be a problem. If it were a big problem I don’t think they could sell them. When I bought my K 1200 S it had lowered pegs but they were cheesy and I could not reach the shifter and brake pedal comfortably at all I took them off this set up is perfect I’m telling you I don’t know what type I have on my GT but they’re different then TF1200RT that added to the thread that heated the brake lever the problem with that is there’s still no adjustment what are you going to do heat It again Every time you want to adjust it. The initials MVF Are on the picture of the foot pegs made by Verholen You can move the peg to three different spots I think there the better of the ones I’ve seen

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts