BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I want to adjust the headlight level UP. The rep rom has this info for a 08 xenon:

Start engine.
Stop the motorcycle on a smooth, level surface.
Set spring strut preload to the basic setting.
Apply the rider's weight to the motorcycle.
Set pivot lever (3) at headlight adjusting screw (2) to the neutral position (in forward direction of travel).
Manually adjust the height of the beam throw by turning adjusting screw (1).
If necessary, adjust lateral throw by turning screws (2) with the aid of a socket wrench

Except they don't say which fricking way adjusts it up!!! Anyone know??

Thanks

Attachments

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
Not sure which way is up though I'd guess clockwise.

Point the bike at a wall and turn it and see for yourself. If it goes down, turn it the other way. :)

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I know it's a stupid question, but I was turning it and can't see a change, so I was wondering if anyone else had adjusted theirs.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Headlight adjustment

Erik said:
Yes I know it's a stupid question, but I was turning it and can't see a change, so I was wondering if anyone else had adjusted theirs.
BE CAREFUL. I twisted the plastic hex "screw" off attempting this adjustment. It is only press fit on the screw shaft. You have to replace the whole assembly for several hundred dollars if you do this. Once the hex head is off, the unit snaps to it's spring loaded stop. Which makes the headlight useless.

Rusty.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well once again BMW's info is wrong.. if anyone cares according to the directions on the factory rep rom screw #1 is to adjust height and screw # 2 is for the lateral adjustment.Except that's f'ing backwards screw #2 is height and screw #1 is lateral adjustment.. Jeez how hard is it for the factory to actually write a repair manual that's correct.. So I've got the height where I want it but I'll have to get it out on the road now to get the lateral throw correct

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
So Erik, after all that which way makes the headlight go up? Clockwise, or Widdershins? :D

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Counter clockwise is up... and fwiw on the lateral adjuster right adjusts right, etc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts