BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great work! I have had the bike in for a recall on one occasion, they wanted to keep it over night, no issues. Had to bring my bike in for warranty work (new engine) they had the bike for just shy of three weeks. The work done was outstanding. I was even allowed to come check on the progress and visit with my baby on numerous occasions. The bike is running better than the day I bought it. The staff rocks... My tech has achieved god-like status for taking such good care of my bike!

:bmw:

·
Registered
969 Posts
I had my blue/white RS in the shop at the same time just for an inspection and new tire. Better yours than mine, but I agree they took good care of both bikes. Fast service and willing to do whatever is needed to fix things. Haven't seen you on the road. I need to get out more.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Just Curious..

allikanbe1

04 BMW K1200 RS (blue/white)
05 Ducati ST4s
=============

Of the 2 bikes that you have: the Ducati ST4s and the BMW K1200RS which do you prefer on a long distant ride?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Without a doubt the BMW K1200RS. It really turns like it's on rails, there is more than enough power (even 2 up), heated grips, cruise, ABS, better wind protection (adjustable), more comfortable riding position (not as much lean, and more leg room (less bend in the knees).
The Duc is also great, but I think I have to pay even more attention when riding it. It's much lighter and if you hit a bump and move the throttle, the bike really jumps or drops in speed quickly. It also has plenty of power (even 2 up).
I like the Road King too. Have to have at least 3 bikes to suit moods.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts