BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there that can point me in the right direction for painting of fairing parts? Purchased a 1988 R 100RS that needs repair to the paint on the upper left fairing- appears that a previous owner had appiled a reflective sticker to the fairing and when it was removed it pulled some paint and the clear coat up with it. Also, the pinstriping would to be redone. I am located in SE Missouri, but open to any suggestion on the matter wherever the solution may come from.
THANKS Karl

·
Registered
896 Posts
On a 20 year old bike you will never get a match. The only way to make the bike look all of a piece is to paint the whole bike. Any GOOD body shop should be able to mix a color that's like the original if that's what your trying to do. But trying to paint just one panel, it won't look great and won't be much of a match, imo

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
If you want to do it yourself, there's a guy in the San Jose, CA that paints and repairs mostly BMWs for all the dealers around there. He has a website and has a bunch of "Do it yourself" videos on it of various BMW bikes being painted and bodywork fixed.

If I could just remember his name.... :confused:

Mack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts