BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth it to get the 06 ks with the already updated software, presumably tweaked engineering and lack of instant depreciation (involved in getting a 2005)? My dealer has two blue 05 bikes that don't appear to be moving. I was planning on putting money down on an o6 for an April pickup but am thinking there are advantages to getting the 05. If I do, what should I have the dealer do to tweak this bike for the smoothest engine operation, etc.?
Or are the 06 improvements all made with software updates that can be done to an 05?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hashed out

Take a look on Page 2 of this section under "K1200S or wait for GT?"

It should explain the questions you've asked.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Get the '05, get the '06...like blue? Personally I wouldn't compromise on color and truth be told, most of us are very happy with the '05's we have. You can't go wrong either way, good luck. And yes, software enhancements are good for the '05's.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I am perfectly happy with my 05 model and its blue... my choice of colour. There are only a few blues around as most folk seem to prefer the Grey. But then again if I wanted to be like everyone else, I would not have a motorcycle ;) .

Bottom line... how soon do you want your KS :thumb:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. The other thread was very helpful as well. Still torn but know that color is very important to me. May wait for blue/white. Can't pick up til Mar/Apr anyway. Leaning to 06 in the color I want...

·
Registered
149 Posts
06 vs 05

Software will catch up to '05. I took delivery 8-1 and runs fine. Color aside, the blues are not selling well, you could get a deal;ie: tank bag and hard cases thrown in -or- better. '06 models do have a much better computer display, '05s are difficult to read most of the time. Good luck.
Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts