BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for options for aftermarket seats for a 2007 k1200gt. I'd like something that gives me a flat seating surface. Think of how the driver's seat looks pretty level in the high position, but when you lower it it turns into more of a ramp, slanting towards the front of the bike. I'd like to get that level seat in the low position. And of course I need to be able to ride it for 8+ hours at a time.

One option is to trade it in for an r1200gs. That is the prevailing thinking at this time, but I'm open to alternatives that would allow me to keep this beautiful machine instead.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I too had that same sloping issue. What I did to resolve it was to take the rubber bumpers that the are located in the back of the front seat and cut them down about 3/8 of an inch. Then I put the seat in the high position when remounting. The combination of the seat being in the high position with the rear bumpers 3/8 lower pretty much solved the sloping issue. I did this on a standard height seat. I also have the lower seat that I thought I might need but this one worked out well so it just sits. For longer rides I use my Airhawk. I got tired of spending big bucks on custom seats so I went this way and I can live with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts