BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Anyone know the steps to remove the air box ? I have removed the fuel tank. I see a bunch of hoses with some kind of clips, but these are not the adjustable kind.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hose Clips

The clips can be opened with a small screwdriver. You can pop the little latch thingies by prying the two halves apart.
You can replace them by squeezing the two halves with a pair of pliers and the latches will catch again.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Some further things to consider while you got the Airbox off:

1.) Go get your injectors professionally cleaned and they usually will install screens in them for you as well. I was never impressed with the factories idea of fuel filtering.

2.) Not wanting to have to get back in there for a very long time again, I replaced the fuel pressure regulator on the bottom of the fuel rail. They're not cheap so this is more for a bike with 50k + on the clock.

3.) If you plan to ever put in a Power Commander or other brand tuning equip. , do it now. Remember, you have to retune if you change the exhaust header, silencer, both, air cleaner from stock, or modify the intake horns in any way including just removing them.

4.) You might consider replacing the fasteners on the bottom of your airbox from the useless torxhead to hex heads which you can get a wrench on without removing the airbox should you ever need to replace the Secondary Breather Valve or the Idle Control Sensor.

5.) If the Hose Clamps are too big a pain in the ass to get back on as I found, regular screw type clamps work much easier. Just get the right width (3/8" not 1/2" or you will chew up your rubber boots, available from Graingers).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts