BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
What is the exhaust flap valve ? Also the factory muffler (UK's OEM Can) is something I've never seen in real life and irrelevant as every rider removes it 1st.
the EXUP valve that goes wrong on the outlet of the 4 in to 1 headers of the S models Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve (EXUP)

I'm a 74 year old "hoodie" that's always squeezing out more HP and Torque. I fanaticaly adjust every to be a "hair trigger" to save precious milliseconds. Speed is the drug and I need a hit.
:) is that quote of the day - well done - maybe that too is sadly age related - the stress of modern life saps energy and very few places where you can exercise anything properly in the UK

·
Registered
156 Posts
... "between the GT and the S, it has and a very different freer flowing exhaust can (plus the air box changes)"
What is the exhaust flap valve ? Also the factory muffler (UK's OEM Can) is something I've never seen in real life and irrelevant as every rider removes it 1st.
While I like your comparison / opinion I disagree.
I'm a 74 year old "hoodie" that's always squeezing out more HP and Torque. I fanaticaly adjust every to be a "hair trigger" to save precious milliseconds. Speed is the drug and I need a hit.
While I split lanes continously and always pass not hide from the police I haven't got a ticket in 40 years. To me the S is an old mans bike and I appreciate the modular saddle bags, full fairing and full seat.. I've been trying to add a topcase so I can take a long trip.
This forum has two groups:
1) Riders that share there knowledge and experience.
2) BMW purists that that think only BMW knows what they are doing.

I pity those that find rapid up or down shifting work.
Respect! I'm exactly the same at 61 and hope I will be at 74. I view my S as a sensible bike that can carry me over 400 miles a day in comfort with luggage and pillion if needed (I actually find it more comfortable than the GT (and that has a Sargent seat) due to the more rear-set pegs and lower bars); but can keep up with friends' (all much younger than me) race reps on fast wiggly bits. I've had GSXRs and Blades and nearly bought another one but went for the 1300S instead. Glad I did. Just got back from the Isle of Man TT, where we proved repeatedly that a Panigale V4S and an S1000RR (with 217 horse and carbon wheels etc) couldn't catch me over the mountain - proof that the most important tuning component is the nut holding the bars :)

21 - 22 of 22 Posts