BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there have any experience with the Akropovic exhaust on the S (or R). Am looking for info on fit (how easy does it go on); performance; sound level (is it overly obnoxious); and any other comments.
If anyone has any other strong recommendations on a exhaust I would love to hear it. Have been following the earlier thread on exhaust choices but am interested in anyones experience that has converted from the BMW bazooka.
Happy New Year

·
Registered
293 Posts
The Search function is a useful tool. Try Akrapovic (correct spelling) and there is a good deal of info there.

Enjoy
Lenz

·
Registered
33 Posts
best pipe

Love mine, as does everyone who has had contact with it. No dyno yet but seat of pants is there. If you check post from here and others, lots are beginning to think the akrapovic can is better than the BMW 'race exhaust'.

·
Registered
261 Posts
rubbert said:
Love mine, as does everyone who has had contact with it. No dyno yet but seat of pants is there. If you check post from here and others, lots are beginning to think the akrapovic can is better than the BMW 'race exhaust'.
Ruppert, Do the stock bags clear the Akrapovic slip-on?

·
Registered
505 Posts
k1200sforme said:
Ruppert, Do the stock bags clear the Akrapovic slip-on?
I can answer that one as I have the Akrapovic pipe... yes, it clears as much or more than the stock pipe.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Kneedragger said:
I can answer that one as I have the Akrapovic pipe... yes, it clears as much or more than the stock pipe.
Thanks for the info, I have EM Wicked Thunder for price and availability.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts