BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was between used 2007 and new GT. After some negociation got a discount and difference was about EUR 3,500 + TAX, decided to pay for the new one EUR15,000+TAX fully loaded w/everything. Anybody can tell the serial they started with new airbox? Or maybe other sign or visual appearance, photo maybe? Want to know if I have the new airbox or not. Will have the bike within few days, it is in other city.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I did a copy and paste from Ken in another post. "If your K1200GT VIN is after ZN47596 then you have the new airbox and software. If your VIN is before that, then you need to see your dealer about an upgrade."

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
howfly said:
This site says it's a K1200GS, built in 9/07. (K25).

]

:) :)

Doru,

You seem to be ahead of BMW marketing men.

Do not forget to provide us with the pics of the new model! :)

Congrats on the bike!

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
Doru-in-Romania said:
It is WB10587018ZU96078 - what does it means?
It means that you have a Euro-spec bike, not a US-spec bike (which starts with ZN). I don't know if there is a European Service Bulletin that lists those serial numbers or build dates.

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
Meese said:
It means that you have a Euro-spec bike, not a US-spec bike (which starts with ZN). I don't know if there is a European Service Bulletin that lists those serial numbers or build dates.
Well, my bike is also EURO-spec but the VIN starts with ZN.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
easyman05 said:
:) :)

Doru,

You seem to be ahead of BMW marketing men.

Do not forget to provide us with the pics of the new model! :)

Congrats on the bike!
thanks vladimir, will sure do if i have the time since will go to greece on saturday morning. we have a full week off due to easter and may 1st (labour day). going to thassos island, never been there.

·
Registered
438 Posts
This may or may not help

Doru-in-Romania said:
Well, I was between used 2007 and new GT. After some negociation got a discount and difference was about EUR 3,500 + TAX, decided to pay for the new one EUR15,000+TAX fully loaded w/everything. Anybody can tell the serial they started with new airbox? Or maybe other sign or visual appearance, photo maybe? Want to know if I have the new airbox or not. Will have the bike within few days, it is in other city.
Doru,
Since you VIN does not match you might try reading the build date on the data plate.
The USA models had the new airbox/software starting in October 07.

If you get the HI/BBS you will know for sure!

And welcome back!!!!

Norris Cooper Andover Kansas USA
06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts