BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My house sits about 1 mile from the entrance of the plan of homes that I live in, up some serious hills (rough to finish my bicycle rides).

My wife and kids can easily HEAR the sub-woofer-like sounds my GT makes as soon as I turn into the plan in 2nd gear. They're usually out in the driveway to welcome me home!! My wife, Norma, can even hear me when she is on the 2nd floor in the back of the house!

Anybody else notice this beautiful sound? BTW - stock exhaust.

Carl

·
Registered
68 Posts
carldmd said:
My house sits about 1 mile from the entrance of the plan of homes that I live in, up some serious hills (rough to finish my bicycle rides).

My wife and kids can easily HEAR the sub-woofer-like sounds my GT makes as soon as I turn into the plan in 2nd gear. They're usually out in the driveway to welcome me home!! My wife, Norma, can even hear me when she is on the 2nd floor in the back of the house!

Anybody else notice this beautiful sound? BTW - stock exhaust.

Carl
i love the sound of the bike...
but, i find it quite quiet, actually

on the other hand, you can hear my MV coming from a mile away :)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Yep, I love the sound of the GT with the stock pipe. It's definitely not "quiet". It makes for a great sport-tourer's pipe. Quiet enough for the long haul. Rumbles enough to let you know she's running. And from 7K on up...she growls!

ClearwaterBMW said:
on the other hand, you can hear my MV coming from a mile away :)
That sucks! Unless you need that kinda "Hey! Look at me!" attention. You might just want to buy a Harley for that nonsense Greg.

·
Registered
246 Posts
My two youngest daughters come running out the backyard as I arrive with the LT most of the times. I bet they will all the times as soon as I have the GT :ricky

·
Registered
68 Posts
messenger13 said:
Yep, I love the sound of the GT with the stock pipe. It's definitely not "quiet". It makes for a great sport-tourer's pipe. Quiet enough for the long haul. Rumbles enough to let you know she's running. And from 7K on up...she growls!

That sucks! Unless you need that kinda "Hey! Look at me!" attention. You might just want to buy a Harley for that nonsense Greg.
well,
the ferrari exhaust note is intoxicating
nothing like a harley at all

the ladies love the sound of my MV :p

·
Registered
46 Posts
Have to agree with the music played by an MV. Only a Ferrari sounds better than my Brutale. Nothing like the obnoxious noise spewed by a Harley. More like music.

·
Registered
68 Posts
there is no greater sound

i can't wait to have my racing exhaust installed.... it'll be even greater then :)

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Pretty soon, if this thread continues, we're gonna see: "Loud pipes save lives!" At the '05 Lima Rally I had Remus Revolution headers/pipes put on my R12GS. The ONLY thing anyone asks when they see them is, "Hey, what does it sound like?"

Perhaps there is some primieval need for motorcycles to have 'sound', more excessive than the LT's at low speed (they do growl a bit at higher RPM!)

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
jpalamaro said:
Pretty soon, if this thread continues, we're gonna see: "Loud pipes save lives!" At the '05 Lima Rally I had Remus Revolution headers/pipes put on my R12GS. The ONLY thing anyone asks when they see them is, "Hey, what does it sound like?"

Perhaps there is some primieval need for motorcycles to have 'sound', more excessive than the LT's at low speed (they do growl a bit at higher RPM!)
Maybe not primieval, but something that sounds a bit different from a sewing machine. Some kind of subtle growl that lets you know the motorcycle is alive.

Not the WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnBkGaimO_Y

·
Registered
68 Posts
jpalamaro said:

john,
you may remember that my riding buddy, jeff... has a 1979 Honda CBX
with the classic 6 into 6 carb setup
the LOUDEST bike ever.... just like NASCAR
no one wants to ride with him
i've let him get 1 mile in front of me... and, with my tight-fitting Shoei RF-900 and ear plugs, i could STILL hear him

1 - 15 of 15 Posts