BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Email to my insurer

Whatever happened to the art of the actuary?

Here we go again. I am another year older so my experience of riding bikes is now over 45 years without a single claim.

Both my bikes are another year older, so have depreciated significantly, each to a lower net book value - yes, I'm an accountant.

And yet my premium has gone up, again ??

Please do not renew this policy - I have just shopped for a new quote and have saved over £60 with my first click, and I'm not finished yet.

Come back to me if you can come in around £250, fully comp for both bikes, including breakdown. I am sick and tired of this annual pantomime, which usually includes the following conversation.

Me " That's not a good price - I've already had a better quote from a different company"

Current Insurer "Can I ask what that quote is sir?"

Me - "Yes, it's £x"

Current Insurer " If you'll just hold the line, I'll have a word with my manager" - holds phone to his chest for 20 seconds - " Good news sir - we can match that price"

What a surprise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My Email to my insurer

Whatever happened to the art of the actuary?

Here we go again. I am another year older so my experience of riding bikes is now over 45 years without a single claim.

Both my bikes are another year older, so have depreciated significantly, each to a lower net book value - yes, I'm an accountant.

And yet my premium has gone up, again ??

Please do not renew this policy - I have just shopped for a new quote and have saved over £60 with my first click, and I'm not finished yet.

Come back to me if you can come in around £250, fully comp for both bikes, including breakdown. I am sick and tired of this annual pantomime, which usually includes the following conversation.

Me " That's not a good price - I've already had a better quote from a different company"

Current Insurer "Can I ask what that quote is sir?"

Me - "Yes, it's £x"

Current Insurer " If you'll just hold the line, I'll have a word with my manager" - holds phone to his chest for 20 seconds - " Good news sir - we can match that price"

What a surprise.
I was pleasantly surprised when my fully comp came in at £87, but then i realised it was because i'm so old and boring they don't see me as a risk :-(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts