BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, In my ongoing quest to reduce the buffeting to my head, I'm looking at the Areoflow system. Since they are not answering my emails, I'm going to you for help.

I have the Big Mak shelf on my '07 GT, will I be able to keep it with the AF?
I like to have a bit of air on me going thru towns, will I still get some air at slower speeds?

Thanks for any help!

Rob Lessen
Arma, Ks

'73 Honda XL250
'91 R100GSPD
'07 K12GT
'07 R12RT

·
Registered
26 Posts
lostnks said:
All, In my ongoing quest to reduce the buffeting to my head, I'm looking at the Areoflow system. Since they are not answering my emails, I'm going to you for help.

I have the Big Mak shelf on my '07 GT, will I be able to keep it with the AF?
I like to have a bit of air on me going thru towns, will I still get some air at slower speeds?

Thanks for any help!

Rob Lessen
Arma, Ks

'73 Honda XL250
'91 R100GSPD
'07 K12GT
'07 R12RT
Rob, I really don't know about the Big Mak. But you can have all the air you want. I have the tall Aero and I can lower it enough to get full air in the face. I find it just about perfect for adjustability.

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
You lose the top black portion of the GT dash in favor of their second screen. Dunno if the BigMac shelf will still work. Might be better to call them since so many companies filter and sometime dispose of their emails.

Mack

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Areoflow CS

Thanks for the info. I'm getting nervous about the customer service of the company. Won't reply to inquiries.

My hours are so that I have a hard time reaching anyone by phone.

Thanks again for the air issue.

Rob

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
lostnks said:
Thanks for the info. I'm getting nervous about the customer service of the company. Won't reply to inquiries.
Rob
I will add that Aeroflow isn't in the top 10 for customer service. Same for Cee-Bailey (Gave me a thinner shield after the first thick one snapped in a knock-over). Cee-Bailey is about the same for not responding to product emails other than "Buy it." "Bit it" email goes in their dumper.

Back OT, my old Aeroflow on the RT developed cracks all around the mounting holes while I was riding through Sequoia National Park on a cool evening. I was bewildered as to why all the cracks started and I could watch them spread. Anyway, a call to them amounted to "Wanna buy another?" (They had a plethora of excuses: Excessive speed, temperature extremes, over or under-tightening, and the infamous "Must'a had Lock-Tight on the threads."

Seems the norm for most aftermarket stuff these days. You buy it, you bought it.

Mack

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
Aeroflow's laminar flow plate mounts to the same screws as the Big Mak shelf. I _think_ they can work together, but haven't yet found anyone who's actually attached both at the same time.

As for Aeroflow itself, they're just a small company run by enthusiasts. If you call, you'll probably get the owner's wife if not Paige himself. But they generally do take care of their customers, albeit a bit slowly at times. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts