BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad news. BMW Motorcycles of Rockford, Illinois will close 123105 unless there is an unlikely Christmas miracle (someone buys the company). So sad to see another dealer go down. The employees are great people. The service department is excellent. I will miss them. Closeouts on all gear and motorcycles! Give them a call.

Motorman

·
Registered
250 Posts
Was looking for a website for the dealer, hoping to catch some of those closeout deals when I ran across this:

Rockford.IL. Exclusive BMW Motorcycle Dealership For Sale by Owner

This Established Midwest BMW Motorcycle Dealership is located in Rockford, Illinois. The current Owners are seeking an energetic Buyer to take this Business to the next level.

The Asking Price of $250,000 includes all in stock Parts, Accessories and Apparel, all shop Equipment and BMW special Tools and all office Furniture, Equipment and Computer Systems. Any used Motorcycles are also included in the sale. The New Motorcycles on site are floor planned through BMW North America or BMW Financial Services and are subject to their requirements.

Contact Owner at 815-986-2269.

btw...their website is: http://www.bmwmotorcyclesofrockford.com/

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went to that shop with my wife, May of 2004 to buy a R1150gs. They filled out the offer sheet in pencil then expected us to sign the paper work in ink. We walked out and bought the same bike in Beaver Dam WI for $1,400 less! I'm surprized some of these dealers have stayed in business this long.

2005 k1200s
2004 R1150GS
1989 K100LT
2005 V-strom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts