BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
We're zoned for what ? cool !
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anybody catch this contraption on Corbin's "Ride On" last night on the Speed Channel? It is an ECO cycle, made in Switzerland with K-bike mechanicals and a Kevlar enclosed body. It has little outriggers that come down when the speed gets low. Available with a K1000 motor, or a K1200, or a K1200 with an IHI turbo (puts out 190 HP or so). Also this can be yours for prices ranging from $50,000 to $70,000. (Makes the new GT look almost reasonable, doesn't it?) And there is a US distributor only 15 miles away from me in Greensboro, NC! What a deal.

Check out their site.

http://www.peraves.ch/supere.htm

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hardly new

They've been around for a while. There was one in Daytona Bikeweek 2 or 3 years ago. Corbin lost a bundle of money a few years back with a similar product called the Sparrow.
If I want to be enclosed, I'll take my cage.............

·
Registered
68 Posts
I can already see the problems with the outriggers. Pull up too close to a wall, what happens? Does it have a tilt gauge or will it spring you up in the air at an angle? Easy to misjudge the distance when you first get it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
What a deal?

79K is the starter price for the only model available in the USA. Hardly a bargain when you consider that my K12GT is faster and way more maneuverable.
If I needed a roof I would take the 80K and buy a used Ferrari.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Karl,

UT is in Austin....A&M is in College Station!

Be careful....mess that up around an Aggie and they will probably want to settle it in the parking lot!

Randy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts