BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks, guys for your helpful answers to yesterday's question. Now, if I may, I have another that I can't find an answer to in my manual:

There is a large headed screw under and next to the end of the throttle. This screw has a spring on it which leads me to believe that it is some kind of adjustment. What does that screw do? Perhaps slows the throttle return spring?

Thanks again,
Wayne.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Technically, the screw is to hold the throttle open for tuning adjustments. Many use it for increased throttle friction and a poor man's cruise control. (screwing it in locks the throttle)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chaos said:
Technically, the screw is to hold the throttle open for tuning adjustments. Many use it for increased throttle friction and a poor man's cruise control. (screwing it in locks the throttle)
thanks so much, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
chaos said:
Never knew about the tuning adjustment function. Thought all older beemers had that throttle drag screw to give their riders' throttle hand a break on highway trips, etc. A State inspector here in MA wanted to flunk my bike once because the throttle didn't "snap back." Had to educate him about the throttle screw. He'd never seen one and wanted to know if I'd put it on myself.
Steve
1990 K75RT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts