BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have four guys going beginning of August from Portland, up into Washington State, and across to Banff. Other than that, we dont have a plan. Love some feedback, advice on routes etc. from anyone in the know.
Thanks!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Don't recall the article but there is one similar to that posted in the last few weeks that I responded to. Check out "www.goldwingcalgary.com" for some local rides around Calgary that'll include Banff, Lake Louise etc.

·
Telepathetic
440 Posts
Duke, if ya do a seach with the word Banff, you will see I have been looking for the same information. The wife and I are heading out around the 30th of July, heading up to Whistler for the night. Then up 99, over to 97 then 24 over to 5 and a night in Clearwater. Then to Jasper for the night. Down to Banff, probably stay in Radium Hot Springs. A couple days in that area then down to Glacier Park in MT and ride Going to the Sun Hwy. Then head west on 93 to pick up 37, then Hwy 2 to pick up 95 and hit Spokane. Haven't been in any of the previously mentioned routes, just gonna go see how things work out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
may see you

Darrell-
Sounds like there is a chance we will be crossing paths. 2 GT's in our group, and 2 HD's. Hope we see you out there around Banff!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm sure you guys already know this but this site offers two books that might help your planning, one for WA and one for BC. They're expensive and frankly the writing is really cheesy, but they have some good suggestions for fun roads. Couldn't tell you where to look for them in Portland but I've seen them in the Tacoma/Fife BMW shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts